For one chicken breast (serves 2):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water (add just before baking)
For 1 lb chicken breast (serves 4):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water (add just before baking)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy duty freezer bag. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat in marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- If freezing, place in the freezer immediately. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or by immersing the bag in a bowl of cold water for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Dump the chicken and the marinade into a shallow baking dish. Add the water (amounts indicated above), and stir with a spoon.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 10-20 minutes.
- For 5-7 oz chicken breasts, bake for 20 minutes total. For 10 oz and larger chicken breasts, bake for at least 25 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken to serve.