- 1/2 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400F
- Place all the ingredients (but the chicken) into a high-powered blender or food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 – 2″ balls and place them on a lined or greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, roll the meatballs over and bake them for an additional 15.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the coconut milk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, stir them around and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.