- 1 15 oz. can black beans, liquid reserved
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how hot you want it
- 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved bean liquid
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- Pulse the garlic first in a food processor until minced.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up to the cilantro. Pulse it in last.
- Use enough lemon to suit your taste and bean liquid to make it as thin or thick as you like. We used about 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice and about 2 tablespoons of bean liquid.