We have all heared about REFINED and BAD 4 YOU white carbs such as:
– Sugary donuts/cookies/cakes/ect of any kind.
– White bread or white bagels, or WHOLE WHEAT anything covered with sugar.
– Breakfast cereals with any kind of cartoon character on the box.
– White sugar
But what about the white carbs that are GOOD for you?
White button mushrooms, Onions and shallots, garlic, and cauliflower. They’re all great for and the difference is; they are NOT REFINED white carbohydrates and contain zero to minimal calories!
1) White mushrooms contain little calories and are a unique source of vitamin D, and may have immune boosting properties as well.
2) Onions and shallots are a very rich source of fructo-oligosaccharides. These stimulate the growth of healthy bifidobacteria and suppress the growth of potentially harmful bacteria in the colon. In addition, they can reduce the risk of tumors developing in the colon along with prevention of cardiovascular disease by diminishing the risk of blood clots. They also protect against stomach and other cancers, and protect against certain infections. Onion and shallots can improve lung function, especially in asthmatics.
3) Garlic has zero calories and has health properties second to none – it can boost immunity, act as an antifungal agent, wards off the common cold, and may even lower the risk of heart disease. Tastes amazing!!!
4) Cauliflower is low in fat, high in dietary fiber, folate, water and vitamin C, along with other unique cancer fighting nutrients including sulforaphane, an anti-cancer compound released when cauliflower is chopped or chewed.