- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup slice red onion
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 5 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Cooking Spray
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- green onions, diced (for optional garnish)
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil and red onions to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan, saute until the mushrooms are slightly browned. Approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Next add spinach to the pan. Saute until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add one whole egg and two egg whites. Whisk to mix.
- Add the egg mixture to the small skillet. Let the mixture sit for one minute. Gently take a spatula and work your way around the edges of the skillet. Then lift the skillet and tilt it down and around in a circular fashion so as to get the “runny” eggs in the center to cook along the edges you just cleaned. Continue this process for another minute.
- Add the mushroom spinach mixture to one side of the omelette top with crumbled goat cheese. Using your spatula, gently fold the other side of the omelet over the mushroom spinach side. Let cook for 30 seconds and gently transfer omelet to a plate. Top with green onions