If you’ve been making recipes the same way for years, it can be hard to break old habits.
We know, we know…it’s not like your mom used to make it. But we promise that making swaps for healthier alternatives will pay off in the long run. We don’t expect you to make drastic changes to your diet overnight—it’s all about single substitutions over time that will make all the difference!
So, without further ado, here is our master list of ingredient swaps that you can make for a healthier you!
For best results, print this list off and hang it on your fridge! Then, next time you’re making one of your fav recipes, see if you can find an ingredient to swap on the list!
If you don’t have any recipes in mind right now, no worries! We’ve picked out a couple of drool-worthy recipes for you to try!
Almond Flour Cinnamon Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 apple peeled and diced into small chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Add in apple chunks if desired.
- Spoon the batter into 10 muffin tins and bake for 22 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped, divided
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey 93/7
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup salsa mild or medium
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves*
- 1 large avocado finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, bell pepper, and ½ cup onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
- Push vegetables to the side of the pan and add last tablespoon of olive oil and ground turkey. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through. Mix vegetables with ground turkey once fully cooked.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa, stir well, and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let turkey taco mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, fill each lettuce cup up with equal amounts of ground turkey mixture and top with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Are you constantly leaving meals to the last minute and choosing convenience over nutrition? We totally get you. Life gets busy! But we’re here to help.
Our certified staff can help you meal plan for you and your family—we find little changes that can make a BIG difference! If meal planning is something you struggle with, reach out to us today!