- 1 head cauliflower removed from thick stalk and cut into small pieces
- 1 box organic vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli removed from thick stalk, cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 organic carrots sliced
- 1 can organic northern white beans
- 3/4 cups flax or coconut milk unsweetened, divided
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme, optional
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add 1/2 the carton of vegetable broth and cauliflower. Cover and cook 12-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- While cauliflower is cooking, chop the broccoli and slice the carrots.
- Once cauliflower is tender, blend the cauliflower in the pot with an immersion blender (or transfer to blender and blend in batches, being careful with hot liquids).
- To the cauliflower puree, add the remaining vegetable broth, broccoli, carrots, garlic powder, salt, thyme and black pepper. Stir and cover for 7 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- While soup is cooking,rinse and drain the can of northern white beans. After soaking 5 minutes, rinse and drain. Blend with 1/2 cup non-dairy milk until smooth.
- Add beans and additional 1/4 cup non-dairy milk to the soup once the broccoli is tender.
- Add 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
- NOTE: If the soup is too thick for you, add another 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- if the soup is too thin for you, simply simmer on the stove for 5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.