- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (not packed) grated apple (about 1 medium)
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flaxseed, and cinnamon. In another bowl or a liquid measuring cup, stir together the almond butter, honey, vanilla, and pinch of salt until well combined. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated. Stir in the grated apple.
- Scoop the mixture into tablespoon-sized portions and use your hands to squeeze it together into a ball. Slightly wet hands will help to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for 3-4 days.